Should you do mindfulness or meditation?
Should your mind be empty or your mind full?
It’s confusing right??
And understandably so.
One minute students are being instructed to ‘empty their mind of thoughts’ then the next minute they are being told to be ‘mindful’.
If you’ve ever meditated, you’ve probably heard the term “mindfulness.” While mindfulness and meditation are not the same thing, they do share some characteristics.
Mindfulness is the conscious awareness of the present moment, as opposed to meditation, which is the practice of focusing your attention on one thing for an extended period of time.
Mindfulness is the practice of focusing your entire attention on the present moment. This entails being conscious and aware of whatever you are doing at the time. Mindfulness can take the form of:
- When sunbathing, you can truly feel the heat of the sun on your skin.
- Listening intently to the music playing on the stereo.
- You’re savoring the rich flavor of the food you’re eating.
- On your walk through the park, hearing the birds chirping.
- You’re admiring the colors in the painting you’re looking at.
Meditation is a centuries-old practice that millions of people around the world use to improve their mental fortitude and develop an inner sense of calm. It has been scientifically proven to help alleviate stress and improve health.
Meditation is the answer when stressed and overwhelmed from your day-to-day activity.
To clear up some of this confusion I have a clip to share with you that should help you. Once you see this you’ll have a deeper understanding about meditation. This will help you to live in the simplicity of the present moment with an open heart of love.
When you live from that space, wow, life is magnificent!
You may have some other thoughts about meditation and mindfulness that are different, if so, please share them with us as we’d love to hear more on this interesting discussion.
Enjoy the clip and if you’d like some assistance with your meditation journey then you might like to try my 21 day meditation program called Faster Deeper Bliss.
You’ll receive daily guidance from me PLUS receive 37 support videos, ebooks, and a yoga video! By the end of this course you will be totally trained in the art of meditation and living a more peaceful happier life.
You will also receive 60 days COMPLIMENTARY access to my Inner Sanctum group coaching program.
With the Faster Deeper Bliss program, there are five (5) things that you will notice in your life:
- You will have a clearer mind and you will be able to notice your thoughts and feelings.
- You will have better brain function and increased productivity.
- You will have better confidence and self-esteem.
- You will see more beauty in the world around you.
- You will learn how to move through those stressful challenging moments with greater ease and less friction.
We receive testimonials like this every day from all over the world.
“I just want to mention that faster deeper bliss most definitely changed (& still changing!) my life, so thank you”. Lisa R
To discover how to dive deep into meditation and see how your inner world expands, follow the link below!